Welcome to Legal Aid's online recruiting center!
Founded in 1905, The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland is the fifth-oldest legal aid society in the world and has an illustrious history of providing high-quality legal services for people with low-income. Legal Aid serves five counties in northeast Ohio - Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain. Our mission is to secure justice, equity, and access to opportunity for and with people who have low incomes through passionate legal representation and advocacy for systemic change. Learn more by reviewing the highlights from our current Strategic Plan.
Click on the above button or here to see all current open positions. You must apply for current open positions through this portal. Unless otherwise noted, all positions have a rolling deadline and remain posted until filled. For priority consideration, apply soon!
Not seeing the right fit via the above button, but are otherwise interested in working at Legal Aid? Simply send your resume to HR@lasclev.org with a resume and note highlighting your interest.
Externships and Summer Associate Positions:
- 2024 SUMMER ASSOCIATE Program: Legal Aid is looking for dedicated, hard-working, and public-interest minded law students to work in Legal Aid’s four Northeast Ohio offices for our 2024 summer associate program. The application process closes on February 18, 2024 - click here to learn more.
- EXTERNSHIPS: Legal Aid engages paralegal and law students in the fall and spring semesters - click here to learn more.
Volunteer / Pro Bono Positions:
- Learn about full-time, part-time, and occasional volunteer possibilities by clicking here.
Learn more about working and living in Northeast Ohio
Cleveland.com - website with news, classifieds and area info
Downtown Cleveland Alliance
Greater Cleveland Convention and Visitors Bureau
Ashtabula County ● Lake County ● Lorain County ● Geauga County
Learn more about practicing law in Northeast Ohio
Supreme Court of Ohio - includes attorney admission information
Ashtabula County Bar Association ● Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association ● Geauga County Bar Association ● Lake County Bar Association ● Lorain County Bar Association
Working at Legal Aid
Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including:
- Healthcare Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 13% Employer Contribution
- Financial Planning Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Alternative Work Programs including flexible works hours, part-time work hours and telecommuting
- Professional Memberships
- Professional Development Support
- Participation in a loan repayment assistance program
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture. Legal Aid encourages and considers applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Legal Aid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to ensure full participation in the hiring process and to perform essential job functions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for any part of the hiring process should contact HR@lasclev.org. Legal Aid determines reasonable accommodation for applicants on a case-by-case basis.