Not seeing the right fit below, but are otherwise interested in working at Legal Aid? Simply send your resume to careers (at) lasclev.org with a resume and note highlighting your interest.
* Unless otherwise noted, all positions have a rolling deadline and remain posted until filled. For priority consideration, apply soon!
- SUPERVISING ATTORNEY for Housing: Legal Aid seeks a Supervising Attorney for its Housing Practice Group who will play a critical role in ensuring access to justice. The Housing Group provides representation to tenants to access and retain affordable, safe housing and collaborates with other organizations to create a community of safe, affordable housing - click here to learn more.
- PARALEGALS for multiple groups: Legal Aid is seeking paralegals who will work closely with and support Legal Aid attorneys. Paralegals conduct client interviews, maintain client contact, and engage in community outreach. They assist attorneys in all aspects of advocacy and litigation, including legal research, drafting of pleadings, letters, and other documents - click here to learn more.
- ATTORNEYS: Legal Aid invites applications from recent law school graduates, current 3Ls, and experienced attorneys. Legal Aid attorneys represent individual clients in a variety of legal issues that impact shelter, health/safety, and economic security. Legal Aid anticipates hiring attorneys to fill positions numerous positions - click here to learn more.
- ATTORNEY Support for Survivors of Human Trafficking in Partnership with Cleveland Rape Crisis Center: Legal Aid growing our partnership with the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center (CRCC) by providing legal services to minor and adult survivors of human trafficking and legal guidance to CRCC staff regarding legal issues that impact survivors. This partnership will leverage Legal Aid’s expertise in family and domestic violence law and CRCC’s commitment to supporting survivors of sexual violence to address unmet needs in the community.
- Volunteer Lawyers Program ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: Legal Aid seeks an Administrative Assistant for its Volunteer Lawyers Program (VLP) to support the VLP in routine and advanced administrative tasks, including scheduling and supporting meetings, maintaining paper and electronic files, and writing and proof reading. The Assistant is a liaison with both clients and with volunteer attorneys - click here to learn more.
- Legal Aid works with 3L students on graduate fellowship opportunities (Legal Aid is frequently a host site for fellowships sponsored by Ohio Access to Justice Foundation, Skadden Foundation, Equal Justice Works and others.) Visit lasclev.org/2023FellowshipRecruiting for details on the 2023 process, with applications due by 6/30/23.
Externships and Summer Associate Positions:
- 2023 SUMMER ASSOCIATE Program: Legal Aid is looking for dedicated, hard-working, and public-interest minded law students to work in Legal Aid’s four Northeast Ohio offices for our 2023 summer associate program. - click here to learn more.
- EXTERNSHIPS: Legal Aid engages paralegal and law students in the fall and spring semesters - click here to learn more.
Interested in volunteering? Learn about volunteer possibilities by clicking here.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or mental or physical disability.