Are you currently working or recently unemployed with questions about your rights at work or unemployment benefits?
Call Legal Aid’s Worker Information Line to learn about Ohio’s employment laws and unemployment benefits.
- Call 216-861-5899 in Cuyahoga County
- Call 440-210-4532 in Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake and Lorain Counties
Some common questions Legal Aid can answer are:
- How do I apply for Unemployment Compensation (UC) benefits?
- What information will I need to apply for UC benefits?
- How many weeks of UC benefits can I receive?
- Do the new laws passed because of COVID-19 apply to me and my employer?
- How long does my former employer have to give me my final pay check?
Workers can call and leave a message at any time. Callers should clearly state their name, phone number and a brief description of their employment/unemployment compensation question. A Legal Aid staff member will return the call between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Calls are returned within 1-2 business days.
This number is for information only. Callers will get answers to their questions and will also receive information about their rights. Some callers may be referred to other organizations for additional help. Callers who need legal assistance may be referred to Legal Aid’s intake department.