Walter | Haverfield is a proud supporter of The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland! The 2019 "Partners in Justice" program for Walter | Haverfield includes:
- Participation in Legal Aid's "Jam for Justice" event on June 19 at the House of Blues.
- Hosting a Legal Aid ethics and professionalism CLE on September 12.
- Partnering with Legal Aid for a pro bono Brief Advice Clinic on September 14.
- Participation in Legal Aid's Annual Luncheon on November 25.
- A firm campaign to raise donations for Legal Aid.
- Help raising awareness for Legal Aid's Volunteer Lawyers Program.
The ambassador to Legal Aid from Walter | Haverfield for 2019 is John Mills.
Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is a non-profit organization which provides free legal assistance to low-income people with civil legal problems. Legal Aid serves clients in five counties in Northeast Ohio: Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain.
Legal Aid's mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low-income and vulnerable by providing high-quality legal services and working for systemic solutions.
Walter | Haverfield's support of Legal Aid helps provide access to justice for Northeast Ohio's most vulnerable individuals. For the poor, legal services can mean the difference between homelessness and housing, poverty and financial security, a fearful day-to-day existence and safety from a domestic abuser. In many situations, low-income individuals can avoid or resolve legal problems if they have the necessary assistance. Legal Aid provides that through individual representation, advice, and community education.
Click here to make your gift to Legal Aid today!