Posted April 3, 202310:00 am
Legal Aid is proud to help promote and lead events to honor National Reentry Week - April 23-29, 2023. A flyer with details of all Reentry Week events is available from The Office of Reentry: Cuyahoga County Reentry Week.
The last week of April marks the observance of National Reentry Week, a time to raise awareness of the importance of successful reentry and promote events that improve reentry outcomes and assist with reentry at the local community level.
Local events include:
- "Chopped 4 Change" Cooking Competition - April 25, 2023 at 11:00 AM - This cooking competition will highlight the mastered skills of the Chopping 4 Change program in Grafton and Northeast Reintegration Centers. Registration required.
- In Pursuit of Justice - April 25, 2023 at 6:00 PM - Join community organizations for an educational session designed to bring awareness around collateral sanctions and their impact. Hosted at EDWINS TOO, 13220 Shaker Square, Cleveland.
- People's Reentry Assembly - April 26, 2023 at 9:00 AM - This breakfast conversation will feature local stakeholders discussing barriers to reentry, the trauma associated with it, and policy solutions from other communities. Hosted at Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry. Click here to RSVP.
- Youth Justice for You - April 27, 2023 at 10:00 AM - Did you know that your juvenile court record does not just “go away” when you turn a certain age? Join the Ohio Public Defender’s Office and the ACLU of Ohio to learn more about juvenile record sealing, expungement, and your rights. Hosted at North Star Neighborhood Reentry Resource Center, 1834 E. 55th St., Cleveland.
- Family Reunion Restorative Justice Resources & Family Fun Activities - April 27, 2023 at 3:00 PM - This restorative justice resource fair and family fun festival will support those that have been impacted by the justice system. This event will feature activities for kids, legal assistance, health & wellness services, financial advisors, job training connections, and more. Hosted at MAGNET, 1800 East 63rd Street, Cleveland.
- City Club's Annual Forum on Reentry - Beyond Ban the Box: Why It’s Time to Re-Think Hiring - April 28, 2023 at 11:30 AM - Legal Aid is a proud community partner for The City Club's Charles R. See Annual Forum on Reentry. This conversation will feature Andre Ward speaking on the importance of lessening institutional and legal barriers to employment for returning citizens, and how such changes can create stronger and more equitable communities. Learn more on The City Club's website.
- Breaking the Chain Expungement Clinic & Job Fair - Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 11:00 AM - This event will provide an opportunity for eligible citizens to get their criminal records expunged and be connected to jobs. Join for food, music, expungement screening & applications, on the spot job interviews with Second Chance Employers, prizes, and more. Hosted at John F. Kennedy High School, 15111 Miles Ave., Cleveland.
Please join us and our community partners to raise awareness about the importance of successful reentry.
Questions can be directed to: Chamomile Hendricks @ Cuyahoga-Reentry@jfs.ohio.gov