Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

I am an immigrant. Am I eligible for in-state tuition?

In-state tuition is a lower tuition rate charged to students at public colleges and universities in Ohio who qualify as Ohio residents.

Some immigrants, including permanent residents ("green card" holders), qualify as Ohio residents and are eligible for in-state tuition for public colleges and universities in Ohio. Starting in the Fall of 2013, a person with a U Visa (victim of serious crime or family member of victim), T Visa (victim of human trafficking or family member of victim), or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) may be eligible for in-state if she meets the other requirements set by the Ohio Board of Regents.

People with other types of immigration status may also qualify for in-state tuition. You may contact your school's admissions office or the Ohio Board of Regents to find out if people with your immigration status qualify for in-state tuition in Ohio.

Quick Exit