Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

I employ H-2A workers. Should I give them a 1099 or a W-2?

H2A workers must receive a W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. They should not receive a1099. If an H-2A worker has filed taxes using a 1099, the employer should issue a corrected income statement on form W-2. For more information, please see

If an H2A worker filed a return with a 1099, he or she should contact the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland to get help amending their prior returns. The worker should call Legal Aid at 1-888-817-3777.

Other Resources

Quick Exit