Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

How Can I Get My Security Deposit Back?

Landlords must return to a tenant any security deposit paid by a tenant or account for any amount withheld. You can complete a letter requesting return of your security deposit from your former landlord using the link below. You can also complete the necessary document to file a complaint in court against your landlord to ask for return of your security deposit.

Before completing the letter or complaint, click here for information about Ohio law related to security deposits.

To complete your letter or complaint, click here -- this link will take you to another website where you can answer questions about your security deposit, your landlord, and what is owed to you. Based on your answers, the document you need will be created.

Quick Exit