THE ALUMNI CIRCLE
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland was founded in 1905, with the mission to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable. Legal Aid achieves this goal through the work of its attorneys, staff, and volunteers. Over the years, thousands of people have worked with Legal Aid to help people secure access to safety, economic security, and health. All of these people, no matter how long or short their time with Legal Aid, are part of the Legal Aid family. That is why we began the Legal Aid Alumni Circle, an opportunity for our extended family to connect and remain involved with the organization.
WHO CAN JOIN THE ALUMNI CIRCLE?
The Alumni Circle can include:
- Former staff
- Former board members
- Former loaned associates
- Former interns/externs
- Former in-house volunteers
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Getting involved in the Alumni Circle is easy! There are several ways to participate:
- Become a Member via an annual gift – Through your annual gift to Legal Aid, you will gain membership in the Alumni Circle. Beginning in 2015, we will note Alumni giving on our website and in our annual report. Donations of all amounts are appreciated!
- Join the Alumni Advisory Council – Our advisory council will be focused on impact fundraising and increasing engagement of alumni in projects and events. As a member of the 10-12 person committee, you will help Legal Aid engage other alumni in our volunteer and fundraising projects. Express your interest in joining the council by visiting www.lasclev.org/AlumniCouncil
- Volunteer –Whether an attorney, law student, or just an engaged community member, you can help Legal Aid by participating in clinics and community outreach events. Attorneys have the special opportunity to actually represent clients, increasing whom Legal Aid’s capacity to serve.
- Show your alumni pride – The best way to get the word out about the Alumni Circle is for you to advertise it to your friends and colleagues. Include the Alumni Circle on your resume, CV, and firm bio! Your engagement with Legal Aid will inspire others to join this great cause.
Stay tuned for upcoming Alumni Circle events and projects! Please contact Melanie Shakarian at 216-861-5217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.