Posted December 18, 20204:00 am
Do you strive for justice and equity? Do you meet people and build connections? Are you committed to working with low income communities? Are you detail-oriented? Savvy with technology? A quick study?
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland is seeking an outreach paralegal who will play an important role in ensuring that low income individuals and communities have access to high quality legal assistance.
The outreach paralegal is part of the Community Engagement Practice Group. The paralegal engages in community education, works in partnership with other organizations, and provides support to Legal Aid attorneys. They will support relationships with established and potential partners, organize meetings, coordinate information and attend events. The paralegal will spend significant time outside the office (when safe to do so), engaging with community groups throughout Legal Aid’s 5 counties. The paralegal will also provide support to the attorneys in the group and conduct office management responsibilities.
About Legal Aid: Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid organization in the United States. Legal Aid’s 63 staff attorneys, 108 staff members, and 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter and economic stability for low income clients. Legal Aid serves a diverse northeast Ohio population in Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain Counties.
- A strong commitment to public service and to advocacy for low-income persons
- Experience working with low-income individuals and communities
- Associates degree or equivalent; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 1+ year of work experience, preferably in a community-based role
- Spanish fluency is preferred
- Excellent partnership-building skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and case management software
- High level of professionalism
- Experience working with non-profits and with attorneys preferred
- Commitment to Legal Aid’s mission required
- Please note: Paralegal Certification is not required for this role
Compensation & Benefits: The salary for this position is $43,248+ annually DOE. In addition, Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, paid time off, and much more. Please visit Legal Aid’s “careers” section at www.lasclev.org for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resumé and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org, listing “Outreach Paralegal” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.