Posted March 15, 202111:00 am
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland seeks multiple Development and Communications Associates, focused on communications/public relations and/or donor relations work. Legal Aid is in a period of growth and seeks to grow its Development and Communications Team to continue that growth.
The Development and Communications Associates report to the Director of Development and Communications. The Associates increase community support and annual revenue for Legal Aid. Depending on experience, each Associate will have primary or secondary roles in:
- deepening engagement with supporters and stewarding, retaining and gaining donors, including:
- growing the donor relations program, including through phone calls, outreach letters, in-person meetings
- organizing and serving as main contact for various mini-campaigns
- supporting special events and engaging donors in special events
- supporting Legal Aid’s public relations and communications work, including:
- proposals, donor communications and other writing projects to support fundraising
- owned media such as newsletters, website/social media – including ad strategy development for both the client and supporter community
- strategic public relations planning and implementation
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 100+ staff (including 60+ attorneys) and more than 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low income clients. For more, visit: www.lasclev.org.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience
- Have 5+ years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, development, public relations or similar work
- Be proficient in:
- MS Office and fundraising/database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- research via web and other electronic sources (donor research experience helpful)
- website and social media engagement (WordPress experience preferred)
- Have excellent:
- interpersonal skills
- communication skills (oral and written)
- attention to detail and accuracy
- organization, planning, follow-up, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Be able to travel and to work some evenings, weekends and early morning hours as needed
Compensation & Benefits: The Development & Communications Associate starting salary is $59,927+ depending on experience. In addition, Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.