Posted June 14, 20197:29 am
Are you a people person? Detail-oriented? A quick study? Love when an event or project is executed without-a-hitch? Want to help a great organization grow?
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland seeks a Development and Communications Administrative Assistant to play this role.
The Development and Communications Administrative Assistant supports the Development & Communications Department in both routine and advanced administrative tasks, including scheduling and supporting meetings, ensuring smooth office operations, and maintaining paper and electronic files. The assistant produces correspondence and memos and spreadsheets. The Assistant performs data entry, creates and runs donor database reports/queries, tracks gifts and ensures our 1800 individual donors are appropriately acknowledged. The Assistant also provides support for high-profile special events and Legal Aid’s public relations efforts. The Assistant reports to the Director of Development & Communications.
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 75 staff (including 42 attorneys) and more than 2,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low income clients. For more, visit: www.lasclev.org.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience.
- Have 3-5 years experience in administrative work (preferably non-profit fundraising).
- Be proficient in MS Office; contact management database proficiency strongly preferred.
- Exhibit outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Be organized, able to prioritize work, and able to handle multiple responsibilities.
- Employ exceptionally strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have excellent planning, follow-up and problem solving skills.
- Be able to travel and to work some evenings, weekends and early morning hours as needed.
Compensation & Benefits: The salary for this position is $42,400+ annually DOE. Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, and much more. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers/overview for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted through July 12, 2019. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.