Posted October 27, 201510:43 am
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland cannot assist its many clients without relying on the great work of its volunteers. Last year, 20% of the people helped by Legal Aid were assisted by a pro bono attorney.
Legal Aid's Volunteer Lawyers Program is proud to announce its 2015 volunteer recognition award winners. These individuals are among the 2,000 volunteer attorneys Legal Aid works with each year. They performed exceptional service in the past year for Legal Aid's clients - and for that they deserve recognition.
Congratulations to --
Legacy of Justice Award Winners
In recognition of individual(s) whose participation in pro bono or other volunteer efforts has been significant in terms of length and/or impact.
- James E. Young in recognition for a lifetime of dedication and support of pro bono efforts which began as an attorney at Jones Day and continues in his retirement.
- KeyCorp in recognition of its organizational involvement through the volunteer efforts of its attorneys and staff in both pro bono efforts and other critical support of The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland.
Access to Justice Award Winners
In recognition of significant contribution to advancing the mission of the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland through pro bono commitment.
- John C. Allerding (Thompson Hine, LLP)
- Kathleen Amerkhanian (Kryszak & Associates Co., LPA)
- Christopher J. Caryl (Tucker Ellis LLP)
- Linda D. Cooper (Cooper & Forbes)
- Brandon D. Cox (Tucker Ellis LLP)
- Kelly M. Dees
- Stacey A. Greenwell (Thompson Hine, LLP)
- Robin Kunikis (Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas)
- Melissa A. Laubenthal (Giffen & Kaminski LLC)
- Karen Seawall (In-House ACT 2 Volunteer)
- John W. Shryock (Shryock, Crook & Associates LLP)
- Nicole K. Wilson
Community Impact Award Winners
In recognition of pro bono efforts that address the needs of specific community of clients.
- Paul L. Binder (In-House ACT 2 Volunteer: Opportunity Corridor Project)
- R. Jeffrey Pollock (McDonald Hopkins: Veterans Project)
- Sandra L. Walker (Expungement Project ACT 2 Volunteer)
The individuals receiving volunteer recognition volunteered hundreds of hours in the past year. The winners will be recognized at Legal Aid's Annual Luncheon and Report to the Community. Click here for more information and to get tickets!
Again, congratulations to all!