October 24, 2019
8:00 am-11:00 am
Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
1375 East Ninth Street, 2nd Floor, Cleveland, OH 44114
Reach Out for Nonprofits Educational Seminar
Money Matters for Nonprofits
- 7:30 a.m. Registration
- 8:00-9:30 a.m. Presentation (1.5 CLE requested)
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. Nonprofit Organization Brief Advice Clinic
Join CMBA for a FREE discussion on the legal ins-and-outs of financial duty and oversight for nonprofit boards of directors, staff, and the attorneys who advise them. The panel of experts, including nonprofit CFOs, attorneys, CPAs, and board treasurers, will share their knowledge and experience to help you stay on the right side of the law.
Reach Out Educational Seminars are designed to provide important legal information related to nonprofit management.
Attorneys will receive 1.5 hours of CLE credit for attendance at the educational seminar. CLE credit is free with participation in the brief advice clinic for nonprofit leaders to follow. Volunteers may participate by agreeing to provide services in their choice of three ways:
- Serving as faculty in law-related education programs;
- Providing brief advice and counseling at designated clinics; and/or
- Accepting referrals for pro bono service on transactional legal matters, and in some cases, litigation.
For more information about Reach Out: Legal Assistance for Nonprofits, click here.
FREE for volunteers & nonprofit attendees
$35 for CMBA members
$50 for non-members