February 1, 2020
9:00 am-11:00 am
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
1223 West Sixth Street, Cleveland OH 44113
A specialty clinic providing individuals with help on applying for U.S. citizenship. Help will be available to those seeking information and assistance with citizenship applications.
This event is hosted with the American Immigration Lawyers Association's Northeast Ohio Chapter.
Appointments preferred by calling 888-817-3777. Walk-ins welcome.
Please note these factors to consider for the Naturalization process:
- Be at least 18 years old by the date of filing
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for at least the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Have been present in the U.S. for 2-1/2 of the past five years(or 1-1/2 of the past three, if married to a U.S. citizen), and have not been outside the U.S. for one year or more within the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Be able to speak, read and write ordinary English
- Be able to pass a U.S. history and government exam
- Be a person of good moral character (this will be difficult to establish if you have failed to pay child support, taxes, or have been convicted of certain crimes, among other things)