Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

Taking Your Case to Small Claims Court

Do you have a claim for $6,000 or less? You can bring a lawsuit without an attorney in a small claims court. Claims can include such things as unpaid wages, security deposits, breaches of contract, defective products, damages in minor auto accidents, or damages to your personal property. This brochure provides information on where and how to file, as well as tips on how to prepare yourself to convince a judge or magistrate that you should get the money you are claiming and how to present yourself in court.

More information is available in this brochure published by Legal Aid:   Taking Your Case to Small Claims Court

This brochure is also available in Spanish at: Cómo presentar su demanda ante el tribunal para casos de menor cuantía.

Quick Exit