Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

Do H-2A workers have to pay taxes?

Yes. Foreign agricultural workers earning more than $600 are required to report this information in Box 1 of a W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. All H-2A workers should receive a W-2, and not a 1099 from their employer. For more information, please see IRS Publication 519 at

Other Resources

Quick Exit