Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

Are H-2A workers able to get Social Security Numbers?

Yes. All H-2A workers are eligible for Social Security Numbers and should have one in order to file their taxes. To obtain a Social Security Number (SSN), the worker must complete Form SS-5 and take it to a Social Security Office with a current passport and current H-2A visa. An H-2A worker should not use an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) to pay his or her taxes. Dependents of an H-2A worker who are not eligible for SSNs should obtain ITINs.

Other Resources

Quick Exit