Need Legal Aid Help? Get Started

I am an H-2A worker. May I claim my spouse and/or children as dependents on my tax return?

Workers with dependents who live in Mexico, Canada or the United States may claim exemption deductions for their dependents. The worker's spouse and dependents need a Social Security Number or an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) to claim exemptions. If a dependent is not eligible for a Social Security Number, the dependents may apply to the IRS for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) when the tax return is filed.

Other Resources

Quick Exit