Posted September 9, 20183:24 pm
Are you detail-oriented? A quick study? Love when an event or project is executed without-a-hitch? A people person? Want to help a great organization grow?
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland seeks a Development and Communications Associate to play this role.
The Development and Communications Associate supports the Director of Development and Communications increase annual revenue through planning, solicitation, and stewardship efforts as part of its comprehensive fundraising efforts. As part of this primary role, the Associate will focus on logistics for solicitation and stewardship activities (mailings, outreach, events, etc.) that raise funds from and deepen engagement with Legal Aid supporters. A secondary role of this position is to support the Director of Development and Communications in fundraising and communications efforts for Legal Aid. The Associate reports to the Director of Development and Communications
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 75 staff (including 45 attorneys) and more than 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low income clients. For more, visit: www.lasclev.org.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience.
- Have 3-5 years experience in non-profit fundraising, development, public relations or similar work.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency with fundraising/database software; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Proficiency in research via web and other electronic sources (donor research experience helpful).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Organized, able to prioritize work, able to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organization, planning, follow-up and problem solving skills.
- Be able to travel and to work some evenings, weekends and early morning hours as needed.
Compensation & Benefits: The salary for this position is $46,159+ annually DOE. Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, and much more. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers/overview for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until October 3, 2018. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.