Posted March 17, 20239:00 am
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland (Legal Aid) seeks interested 3rd year law school students (graduating in 2024) or those finishing clerkships in 2024 for 2024-2026 post-graduate fellowship applications. Applicants with an interest in any area of civil law that helps low-income and vulnerable people are encouraged to apply.
The applicant selected will have Legal Aid’s support as a “host organization” for the Skadden Fellowship, the Ohio Access to Justice Foundation Fellowship, and/or the Equal Justice Works Fellowship applications. Read more about the various fellowship opportunities at these links:
- Skadden Fellowship: https://www.skaddenfellowships.org/
- Ohio Access to Justice Foundation: click here for details
- Equal Justice Works: https://www.equaljusticeworks.org/become-a-fellow/
This call is for interested fellowship applicants only, and selection does not guarantee a job at Legal Aid.
To apply, interested applicants must:
- Submit a 1-2 page cover letter explaining briefly the ideal fellowship project focused on any area of civil legal aid; and
- Provide a current resume.
Applicants must be graduating from law school in 2024, or finishing a judicial clerkship. Individuals must have a commitment to public service for low-income persons. Experience working with low-income clients, knowledge of poverty law and fluency in Spanish are a plus. In addition, applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Anticipate taking the Ohio Bar Exam in 2024, or already be barred in Ohio.
- Appreciation for and experience with diverse cultures and communities
- Excellent legal writing, research and advocacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Willingness to take initiative and problem-solve
To Apply: visit this link.
All application materials must be received by June 30, 2023.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.