Posted May 9, 20218:00 am
Are you a people person? Want to help a great organization provide legal assistance to low income individuals?
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland (Legal Aid) is seeking a receptionist who will play an important role in ensuring that individuals with low income have access to high quality legal assistance.
The Receptionist is the face of Legal Aid. They greet callers and visitors and direct them as appropriate, as well as perform general office administrative tasks. The Receptionist has special responsibility for data entry to support Legal Aid’s resource development and volunteer programs.
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 90+ staff (including 50+ attorneys) and more than 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low income clients. For more, visit: www.lasclev.org.
- A strong commitment to public service and to advocacy for low-income persons.
- Experience with low-income individuals and communities;
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1+ years related experience in a customer service/ legal services / non-profit environment.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to be sensitive to cultural needs and differences when dealing with the public/client community.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention detail.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
Compensation & Benefits: The starting Receptionist salary is $39,003+ DOE. In addition, Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, paid time off, and much more. Please visit Legal Aid’s “careers” section at www.lasclev.org for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, listing “Receptionist” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.