Posted January 1, 20229:00 am
Legal Aid is experiencing an exciting period of growth and seeks a Grant and Contract Administrator who will help ensure Legal Aid continues its growth to bring justice to our community. The Grant and Contract Administrator works closely with the finance, development, data management, and legal aid practice groups. The Administrator develops grant reports and some grant proposals; identifies grant requirements (including federal grants) and compliance needs; tracks grant compliance and progress toward goals; and supports internal data integrity protocols
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth-oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 115+ staff (including 65+ attorneys) and more than 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low-income clients. Legal Aid has a $12 million budget from federal, state and local government, foundations, united ways, corporations and individuals. For more, visit: www.lasclev.org.
Grant and Contract Administrator Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare invoices, grant reports and some grant proposals, and facilitate the completion of contracts for government grants.
- Maintain Legal Aid’s grant report schedule.
- Use established reporting systems to monitor compliance with grant and contract requirements and expectations as well as with the laws, regulations, and program requirements governing such grants and contracts.
- Support the budget process and track spending on grants and receipt of payments from funders.
- Monitor compliance with grant and contract financial and program requirements and goals, including financial and program requirements.
- Use and develop data reports for the case management system (LegalServer), Raiser’s Edge, and other sources.
- Support implementation of data integrity protocols.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in in grant reporting and management.
- BA/BS in or demonstrated knowledge of mathematics/statistics, business/ financial/nonprofit management, economics/social sciences, or information management.
- Experience in federal government grant compliance and reporting, including financial compliance and reporting strongly preferred.
- Experience in non-profit data analysis / quality control preferred.
- Advanced skills, in Office Suite (esp. excel) and preferred experience in CRM software (LegalServer), donor/grants management (Raiser’s Edge) and financial management software (MIP).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including attentiveness to cultural needs and differences.
- Excellent writing, communication, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning, and problem-solving skills; able to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and presentation.
- Excellent analytical and evaluative skills.
Compensation & Benefits: The salary for this position is $61,725 - $77,156 DOE. Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, and much more. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers/overview for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Grant Administrator” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.