Posted January 1, 20229:00 am
Legal Aid seeks a Development and Communications Associate, focused on donor relations work. Legal Aid is in a period of growth and seeks to expand its Development and Communications Team to continue and sustain that growth.
The Development and Communications Associate reports to the Director of Development and Communications. The Associate hire will be part of a department of eight who work to increase community support and annual revenue for Legal Aid. Depending on experience, the Associate will have primary or secondary roles in:
- deepening engagement with supporters and stewarding, retaining and gaining donors, including:
- growing the donor relations program, including through phone calls, outreach letters, in-person meetings
- organizing and serving as main contact for various mini-campaigns
- supporting special events and engaging donors in special events
- supporting Legal Aid’s public relations and communications work, including:
- proposals, donor communications and other writing projects to support fundraising
- owned media such as newsletters, website/social media – including ad strategy development for both the client and supporter community
- strategic public relations planning and implementation
About Legal Aid: Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid organization in the United States. Legal Aid’s 115+ total staff members (65+ attorneys), and 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter and economic stability for low-income clients. Legal Aid serves a diverse northeast Ohio population in Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain Counties.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience
- Have 5+ years’ experience in non-profit fundraising, development, public relations or similar work
- Be proficient in:
- MS Office and fundraising/database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- research via web and other electronic sources (donor research experience helpful)
- website and social media engagement (WordPress experience preferred)
- Have excellent:
- interpersonal skills
- communication skills (oral and written)
- attention to detail and accuracy
- organization, planning, follow-up, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Be able to travel and to work some evenings, weekends and early morning hours as needed
Compensation & Benefits: The Development & Communications Associate starting salary is $61,725+ depending on experience. In addition, Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, résumé, and writing sample to: email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.