Posted March 14, 20227:00 am
Legal Aid is experiencing an exciting period of growth and seeks a Client Support Specialist who will collaborate with Legal Aid attorneys and paralegals to address clients’ barriers to effectively participating in their legal cases by assessing clients’ strengths and challenges; identifying need for outside programs and resources; and supporting clients and attorneys throughout their cases. Our Client Support Specialists foster partnerships; and engage in education, outreach and advocacy.
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth-oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 115+ staff (including 65+ attorneys) and more than 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low-income clients.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission
- Hold a Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Social Work or related field, or commensurate work experience
- Have 1+ years experience working clients and communities with low-income
- Experience with low-income clients, knowledge of social services in Legal Aid’s service area, and familiarity with the legal system preferred
- Exhibit outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Have excellent research, writing and advocacy skills
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Be skilled at establishing effective working relationships with a variety of people
- Organized, able to prioritize work, plan and problem-solve, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Be willing to attend partnership meetings and events outside normal business hours
- Spanish language skills preferred
Compensation & Benefits: The salary for this position is $51,438+ annually DOE. In addition, Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, paid time off, and much more. Please visit Legal Aid’s “careers” section at www.lasclev.org for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to: email@example.com, listing “Client Support Specialist” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.