Posted April 7, 20218:00 am
Are you: A people person? Detail-oriented? Savvy with technology? A quick study?
Do you enjoy: Working with volunteers? Creating systems? Improving efficiencies?
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland seeks an Administrative Assistant for its Volunteer Lawyers Program.
The Volunteer Lawyers Program (VLP) Administrative Assistant supports the VLP in routine and advanced administrative tasks, including scheduling and supporting meetings, maintaining paper and electronic files, and writing and proof reading. The Assistant is a liaison with both clients and with volunteer attorneys. The Assistant works closely with clients to gather facts and documents and respond to questions. The Assistant also supports volunteer lawyers, monitors case progress by volunteers, and ensures volunteers are appropriately acknowledged. The Assistant maintains and manages the volunteer database (Raiser’s Edge), creates and runs volunteer database reports/queries, and tracks volunteer engagement. The Assistant works with substantive practice groups and Legal Aid’s Development Department. The Assistant attends and supports clinics and events frequently held on Saturdays and weekday evenings. The Assistant reports to the VLP Managing Attorney.
About Legal Aid: Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid organization in the United States. Legal Aid’s 63 staff attorneys, 108 staff members, and 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter and economic stability for low income clients. Legal Aid serves a diverse northeast Ohio population in Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain Counties.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience required.
- 3-5 years experience in professional office environment.
- Excellent technology skills, including MS Office, Windows, databases and document assembly.
- Proficient with volunteer/database software; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including attentiveness to cultural needs and differences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organized, prioritize work, multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organization, planning, follow-up and problem-solving skills.
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Be able to travel within Legal Aid’s service area and to regularly work evenings, weekends and early morning hours; overtime is not anticipated and all work time would be scheduled in advance.
Compensation & Benefits: Salary is $44,113+ DOE. Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, and much more. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers/overview for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted through April 19, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.