Posted September 17, 20219:00 am
Are you: A people person? Detail-oriented? Savvy with technology? A quick study?
The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland seeks a Human Resources Administrator to support our rapidly growing organization.
The Human Resources Administrator supports the relationship between the employee and the organization to help meet the needs of both. The position supports the Human Resources Manager and the organization in the management/coordination of the recruiting, hiring, and screening process for staff positions as well as working to ensure a smooth onboarding process. The Human Resources Generalist supports the administration of the organizational benefits and compensation programs, provides guidance to employees on benefits and policies, supports the Human Resources Manager in responding to employee issues and concerns and implementing training programs. The Human Resources Generalist is part of the Administration Group and answers to the Human Resources Manager.
About Legal Aid: Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth oldest legal aid organization in the United States. Legal Aid’s 63 staff attorneys, 108 staff members, and 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter and economic stability for low income clients. Legal Aid serves a diverse northeast Ohio population in Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake and Lorain Counties.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience in related field (human resources preferred).
- Proficient technology skills, including HRIS, MS Office, Windows and databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including attentiveness to cultural needs and differences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Organized, prioritize work, plan and problem-solve, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective organization, planning, follow-up and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefits law and government compliance.
Compensation & Benefits: Salary is $49,939+ DOE. Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, and much more. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers/overview for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Human Resources Administrator” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.