Posted September 18, 20219:00 am
Legal Aid is experiencing an exciting period of growth and seeks a Grant and Contract Administrator who will help ensure Legal Aid continues its growth to bring justice to our community.
The Grant and Contract Administrator develops grant reports and some grant proposals; identifies grant requirements (including federal grants) and compliance needs; tracks grant compliance and progress toward goals; and supports internal data integrity protocols. The Administrator works closely with the finance, development, data management, and legal services delivery groups.
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm whose mission is to secure justice and resolve fundamental problems for those who are low income and vulnerable by providing high quality legal services and working for systemic solutions. Founded in 1905, Legal Aid is the fifth-oldest legal aid in the United States. Legal Aid’s 100+ staff (including 60+ attorneys) and more than 3,000 volunteer lawyers use the power of the law to improve safety and health, shelter, and economic stability for low-income clients. For more, visit: www.lasclev.org.
Grant and Contract Administrator Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain Legal Aid’s grant report and other action schedule in Raiser’s Edge.
- Use established reporting systems to monitor compliance with grant and contract requirements and expectations and with the laws, regulations, and program requirements governing such grants and contracts.
- Using Raiser’s Edge and MIP, support the budgeting and cash management and receivables processes by tracking spending on grants and receipt of payments. Identify areas of potential concern or complexity.
- Prepare invoice, grant reports and some grant proposals, and facilitate the completion of contracts for Government Grants.
- Monitor compliance with grant and contract financial and program requirements and goals, including financial and program requirements, and identify areas of potential compliance concern or complexity.
- Use and develop data reports for the case management system (LegalServer), Raiser’s Edge, and other sources.
- Support implementation of data integrity protocols.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be committed to Legal Aid’s mission.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in in grant reporting and management.
- BA/BS in or demonstrated knowledge of mathematics/statistics, business/ financial/nonprofit management, economics/social sciences, or information management.
- Experience in federal government grant compliance and reporting, including financial compliance and reporting.
- Experience in non-profit data analysis / quality control preferred.
- Advanced computer skills (Office Suite, spreadsheets), including in preferred experience in CRM software (LegalServer), donor/grants management (Raiser’s Edge) and financial management software (MIP).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including attentiveness to cultural needs and differences.
- Excellent writing, communication, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning, and problem-solving skills; able to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and presentation.
- Excellent analytical and evaluative skills.
Compensation & Benefits: The salary for this position is $59,927+ DOE. Legal Aid offers an exceptional benefits package including healthcare, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plan with up to 13% employer contribution, and much more. Visit www.lasclev.org/careers/overview for more information.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Grant Administrator” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.