We all recognize 2020 is a different year.
So, The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland's celebration of pro bono supporters will look a bit different in 2020! We won't celebrate in person with clinics at libraries and community centers. There won't be any in-person trainings or receptions.
But, we will still celebrate! And, we'll honor pro bono service through the entire month of October - not just during October 25 - 31, the week designated by the American Bar Association for the National Pro Bono Celebration.
Our October 2020 celebration includes Legal Aid, numerous bar associations, the judiciary, community based organizations and volunteer attorneys. In Northeast Ohio, the celebration will include:
- Highlights of how easy it is to do pro bono with Legal Aid through our #TakeACase outreach effort.
- Profiles of terrific volunteers on Legal Aid's Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram feeds.
- More options to help, pro bono. Click here to visit our "take a case" listing to see new cases just added!
- A push to gain 100 new legal volunteers for Say Yes to Education. Click here to sign-up!
- CLE programs to help pro bono attorneys get trained on important COVID-responses to housing problems and employment issues.
- Launch of a new "Brown Bag (virtual) Lunch" to provide support to volunteer attorneys. Click here to sign-up for the initial session.
- A phone bank where attorneys and law students will provide legal information via phone, in partnership with News 5 Cleveland and United Way.
- The Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association's annual Halloween Run - which is virtual this year.
- A probate and estate Virtual Advice Clinic - and many other Virtual Advice Clinics. Click here to learn more about volunteering (and sign-up).
- ...and much more!
Visit our events listing for the most current event details!
And, check out this inspirational message from ABA President Patricia Lee Refo, as she inaugurates this year's Celebrate Pro Bono theme: "Rising to Meet the Challenge: Pro Bono Responds to COVID-19"