Apply for a
reduction or waiver
of driver's license reinstatement fees!
October 17, 2019 through December 31, 2019
Who is eligible?
- Individuals who have been charged with certain traffic and minor offenses unless the offense involved alcohol, substance abuse, or a deadly weapon; AND
- Who have completed all court-ordered sanctions related to the eligible offense(s).
REDUCTION OF FEES
- Available in cases where at least 18 months have passed since the end of the court-ordered suspension.
- Eligible applicants must make a minimum payment, but then the reduced reinstatement fees may be paid through a BMV fee payment plan as long as certain requirements are met.
- Applications can be made in person at the BMV, by mail, or online.
WAIVER OF FEES
- Available for people who receive SNAP (food stamp) benefits.
- Applicants must provide a screen shot of their SNAP case status from the ODJFS benefits portal that includes: (1) Current Status – Active; (2) Current Month; (3) Next Review Date; and (4) any authorized representatives.
- Applications can be made in person at the BMV or by mail.
For an application (Form BMV 2829) and more information visit www.bmv.ohio.gov/susp-fees-amnesty.aspx.
Questions? Attend an upcoming FREE Legal Aid brief advice clinic. View current calendar at www.lasclev.org.