Posted December 31, 20202:00 pm
Legal Aid is proud and honored to welcome long-time supporter and Board Member Rita Maimbourg, Esq., partner at Tucker Ellis, as our 2021 Board President.
Taking the reigns during a global pandemic is no small task, but Rita is up to the challenge. "When I look back at how lawyers adjusted to the pandemic," says Rita, "I am reminded of the saying 'necessity is the mother of invention.' We needed to serve our clients and found ways to do so even though courts were closed, offices were closed, and not every client had access to a computer. Some of those ways will continue – I can definitely see zoom meetings with clients (maybe not courts) continuing."
Rita says she looks forward to Legal Aid's 2021 Community Needs Assessment, which is being conducted by the Center for Community Solutions. "Since we know that there are unmet legal needs in the population we serve, I am looking forward to hearing the results ... so that we can re-adjust our strategic plan if necessary to make the biggest impact on the community."
Legal Aid also welcomes a number of new members and newly elected officers for 2021; our full Board roster is below:
- Harlin Adelman, University Hospitals
- Carolyn Butler, Community Representative
- Quo Vadis I. Cobb, Rockwell Automation
- Steven M. Dettelbach, Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Stephen M. Fazio (Secretary/Treasurer), Squire Patton Boggs
- Joe Gaston, Community Representative
- Nathan Genovese (Vice President), Community Representative
- Erica Hughes, Community Representative
- Jonathan Leiken, (Vice President), Diebold Nixdorf
- Rita Maimbourg (President), Tucker Ellis LLP
- Hugh McKay, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Joe Rodgers (Eaton)
- Jan Roller (Giffen & Kaminski)
- Barbara Roman (Vice President), Meyers, Roman, Friedberg & Lewis
- Michael N. Ungar (President Emeritus), Ulmer Berne LLP
- Doug Wang, Retired, Northern Trust Bank
- Brenda Wells, Community Representative
Thank you for your service!
Legal Aid is deeply grateful to the following people who ended their Board service with us last year. Over the years, these outstanding individuals contributed much to our organization and our community:
- Matt Nakon, Wickens, Herzer, Panza, Cook & Batista
- Andre Dowdy, Community Representative
- Gladys Reed, Community Representative