April 27, 2019
9:00 am-11:00 am
Legal Aid’s Cleveland Office
1223 West Sixth Street, Cleveland, OH 44113
A specialty clinic providing individuals with help on applying for U.S. citizenship. Help will be available to those seeking information and assistance with citizenship applications.
Appointments preferred by calling 888-817-3777. Walk-ins welcome.
Please note these factors to consider for the Naturalization process:
- Be at least 18 years old by the date of filing
- Have been a lawful permanent resident for at least the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Have been present in the U.S. for 2-1/2 of the past five years(or 1-1/2 of the past three, if married to a U.S. citizen), and have not been outside the U.S. for one year or more within the last five years (or three years, if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Be able to speak, read and write ordinary English
- Be able to pass a U.S. history and government exam
- Be a person of good moral character (this will be difficult to establish if you have failed to pay child support, taxes, or have been convicted of certain crimes, among other things)