Posted March 30, 20211:04 pm
Ashtabula County Community Action Agency will be operating two Home Relief Programs between February 2021 and December 31, 2021 (unless funds are exhausted prior to the end of the year) to provide a range of rental assistance, mortgage assistance, water/sewer assistance, trash assistance, and heating/electric assistance. Funds are federal and are provided through the Governor's office and the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA).
- Household must fall under 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for Ashtabula County
- Household must document an economic hardship due to COVID-19
- Household must be past due on rent, mortgage, and/or utilities and be their primary residence
- Household at risk of becoming homeless (unsafe living conditions or couch-surfing) may be eligible
- For gas, electric, or bulk fuel assistance, the household must not be eligible for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and/or the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP). If so, they must use those programs instead. If you have already exhausted your HEAP benefits, you may be eligible.
- For mortgage/homeowners, assistance cannot be provided for anything over three, consecutive months of assistance [i.e. must be behind by three consecutive months, or less]. Must ensure housing and utility stability and meet the emergent need.
- Complete an Application Packet and submit all necessary Documents'
How to Apply:
- Visit www.accaa.org to get an Application Packet
- Call 2-1-1 or 440-994-1740 to have an Application Packet mailed, emailed, or faxed to you and to receive help completing the application.
Submit Your Required Documents To:
- Scanned and Emailed To: email@example.com
- Faxed to: 440-997-6162
- Mailed to: ACCAA-CARES | 4200 State Road | Ashtabula, OH 44004
- Drop Off At The Following: 4200 State Road, Ashtabula (8 am - 4 pm M-F or after hours drop box) (Please mark them "CARES Relief")